Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dream on (Fact of my past self #2)

I used to have an infatuation for spies.   My parents knew about it, and so they were kind enough to buy me spy-related things such as a Barbie doll spy and a spy gadget set (which included a flashlight/pen, "night-vision" goggles, a watch with some nifty accessories on it, and a motion-sensor alarm), and I thought I was set and ready for action.  My fascination with the idea of becoming a spy (of course, my idea of a spy was more equivalent to the Spy Kids version than to the government's version) got to the point of arguing with my best friend at recess in third grade about whether we played kittens or spies yesterday.  ("We played kittens yesterday.  It's my turn to pick what we play today and I want to play spies!"  "NU-UH.  I remember playing spies yesterday.  I want to play kittens." Etcetera, etcetera.)
I also started writing a story about my American Girl Doll, who I named Ebony.  According to my smaller and less knowledgeable self, Ebony was a kid who magically earned the police's trust, causally asked them if she could help with a burglary case that she read about in the newspaper that morning (and the police readily agreed to let her help...naturally), and with her spy kit that she received for Christmas, went off in search of the "bad guy".  Unfortunately, I didn't end up finishing it, so I'm unaware as to how Ebony managed to catch the thief.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read a completely pointless story about my past self.  I know I have a pitiful amount of followers at this point (4, to be exact), but I would like to thank those who are following my blog. :)  Even if you're not following it, but you still bother to read my posts, you are equally awesome, I'll have you know.  But anyway, that's not where I was going with that.  I was trying to say that I apologize to my followers (and readers) for being so unpredictable with when I post a post.  I keep telling myself that I need to pick days out of the week to for-sure have a post ready to publish, but my laziness keeps getting a hold of me and dragging me away from being productive.  But I promise you, I will eventually have set days in which I will publish things, so that way you don't have to check every day to see if I posted anything or not (because I'm sure there are so many people who are concerned about missing one of my blog entries....).

Have a lovely weekend, my friends. :)  (I'm trying to enjoy my homework-less weekends while I can....only have a couple of those left.)

No comments: