Saturday, June 29, 2013

Another overload of blog stuff

I'm back for another lengthy post.  (A late, lengthy post, that is.)  This one also has to do with my trip to the beach, but these are pictures of the Newport Aquarium.  I unfortunately didn't get any good pictures of the seals or any of those die-of-cuteness-overload worthy animals, but I did get some pretty good pictures of other fascinating creatures that they have there.


Here we have the octopus.  It was surprisingly very active.  Well, I suppose I don't know if that's a surprising thing or not, but to me it was because I'm used to seeing animals at the zoo that are completely stationary.  So seeing this guy writhe around his home was quite fun.


And here, we have the....erm.....the octopus.  The same one.





Okay, last one of the octopus.  I was going to put them in a collage like I did in my last post, but......laziness got a hold of me.


A pair of pouty puffins.


I love how much the tanks look like the ocean with the sun rays streaming in.  It's gorgeous.


 Why do fish always look so forlorn? 


 I like taking pictures of people taking pictures of things.  (That would be my sister in the picture.)


 See?  Here we are again.  Kids, don't make this face or else you'll end up like these guys, and will have a frown on your face for the rest of eternity.  You know how your parents always tell you, "If you keep making that face, it's gonna stay like that."?  Well, I suggest you listen to them.


This is about the only none-blurry picture I got of the sharks.  They had things to do, places to be, and they had no intention of stopping to smile at the cameras.


This is a Japanese Spider Crab.  They can grow up to be 4 meters (about 13 feet) long.  This one was just a young'un, though, and he was relatively small.  They had a mural on the wall next to its tank of a full-size one that showed how big they can get.  It gave me the heebie-jeebies.  One more reason I do not want to go in the ocean anywhere.


Such an adorable itty bitty squid!  He was in the Japanese Spider Crab's tank for some reason.  Hopefully not for food, though.  He was too cute for food.  And he just sat there.  Looking cute.


I took about 50 pictures of this fish, and this one was really the only one that came out clear for the most part.  He would not stand still.  Or swim still.  Or float still.  Or whatever fish do when they aren't moving.  Anyway, I like him because of how orange he was.  He stood out from everything else in his tank.


And we can't forget the jellyfish.  They're just too cool to forget.


And more jellyfish!  Yes, their tank is really that blue.  I'm not sure why, but it looks cool.  Maybe that's the only reason they needed.  Coolness. 


Random little fish that needed a picture.


Whenever I see urchins, I think of Freddi Fish.  You know, that video game that you used to play when you were little?  With that yellow and orange fish and her little green and white brother, Luther?  No?  Well, then you didn't have a childhood.
Anyhoo, it reminds me of that game because, unless that part of my memory has failed me already, they always had to collect little purple sea urchins.  At least in one of the games.


 Not really sure what you call these things, but they were nice to look at, so I took a picture of them.


And another one.


I'm running out of things to say that are interesting to read.  But here's a hermit crab.


 Don't know what these are either.  But they looked nifty.  And creepy.


 I don't know if you can tell, but that's a fish....that's small....and it's looking at the camera.  So therefore it's cute.


True love.....starfish style.


I just thought this was a cool picture, so I decided to share it.


Ditto.
Because I have nothing to say about this picture.


And the sand dollars.  (I shouldn't admit this to the Internet world where everyone can laugh at my ignorance, but I feel like I should be honest with you and say that I didn't know before this trip that sand dollars were black and fuzzy.  Whodathunkit?)

Farewell, my friends, and have a lovely weekend!

No comments: