Saturday, April 20, 2013

A fairy tale forest

Manzanita, Oregon is our absolute favorite vacation spot.  It's a darling little town with fun shops everywhere, including a delicious coffee shop that is usually walking distance from where we are staying.  We rent out a cute little house that has a view of the ocean, and just completely relax the whole time we're there.  We take walks along the beach (that usually results in me getting blisters all over my feet because the sand refuses to be kind to me), stroll around "downtown" (which consists of a few streets of shops), and chill out at the house.

Two years ago, in 2011, we went there, and we took this hike that made me feel like I was in a storybook.  Everything about it seemed magical.



These two are pretty much the same, but I couldn't decide which one to put on here, so I did both!


The greenery was absolutely gorgeous



These are probably my favorite pictures from the whole hike.  The mist and the sun just made everything so much more wonderful!




Trees, trees, and more trees!  I love them!  So majestic!


This one was so cool.  This tree was in the middle of a clearing, and with the mist swirling around it, I felt like centaurs and fairies were going to start appearing.  I wish....



These two pictures are from stopping point of the hike.  We were on top of this hill sort of thing (you know, those things that aren't big enough to be a mountain, but aren't round enough to be a hill?  I'm never sure what to call them), and we could see all of Manzanita.  It was quite a view.


And then there's Piper.  Okay, so this wasn't from the hike, but....but those pantaloons!

No comments: