Monday, April 1, 2013

Just a little story

You might be wondering why I named my blog what I did.  The name might even be the reason you are looking at it because it's so...weird.  Well, yes, there is a story behind it.  And yes, the story occurred when I was a youngster.  Don't all funny stories happen then?    

Well, it started out with my sister's best friend coming over for a play date.  They were probably about 9 or 10 years old at the time, making me 5 or 6.  We were making plans for a game; one of those games you always play when you're little because they are way more fun than reality because you get to be somebody/something you're not.  And unicorns are the obvious things to be since they are so magical and majestic, so my sister (Lauren) and her friend (Rachel) decided to be unicorns.


My brain wasn't really ready to wrap around the idea of being something you're not, though.  I know most kids start turning into fairies and cats and dragons at the age of two, but not me.  I thought it was a very silly idea; I was too sophisticated for that nonsense. (Ha! Yeah, right...)


So after much thought and contemplation, I finally had the perfect idea of what I was going to be: just an ordinary girl.  I didn't have to pretend I was some fictional character to play a game like every other child in America; I would just be a girl.


As soon as I had figured it out, I proudly announced that I was going to be "a little girl of peoples".  

And then everybody started laughing at me.  Hey man, my grammar isn't going to be perfect at that age!  I really couldn't figure out why they were laughing, so I just giggled along with them in a confused manner.  

And that is how my blog name came to be.  That phrase has stuck with me ever since.  When I gave my list of potential blog names that I had thought up to my sister and that one was on there, she said, "That one.  You will always be a little girl of peoples."  I took it as a compliment.






3 comments:

The Unique Katelyn said...

I love this so much!!! :D another masterpiece!

ashley said...

i may steel some of your ideas..........hahaha

Unknown said...

haha that's ok :) I stole a couple of ideas from a blog I'm following: Color Me Katie. :)